Biddy Ball Program
We are excited to continue 'FUN'damental' basketball to our youngest players! Players as young as 5 and 6 are at a great age to build the primary skills of basketball and develop a love for the game. Parents are invited and encouraged in the gym. Players should bring a size 27.5 basketball.
Spring 2023 Schedule:
Biddy Ball starts March10th and runs for 10 weeks till June 10 (No session May 20 and May 27)
Class options include: Saturdays at 8:30 am and 9:30 am
Peak Biddy Ball:
Peak Sports Academy introduction to basketball for boys and girls in kindergarten, first grade and beginner second graders. Players will learn the basics and fundamentals of the game:
- Procedures and rules of the game (arriving, warming up, sitting on the bench, subbing in, fouling out)
- Game lines (foul line, sideline, baseline, three-point line, half court line)
- Places on the court (top of the key, right/left wing, right/left corner, right/left block, right/left elbow)
- Dribbling, shooting, passing
- Teamwork, sportsmanship
- Body movement and balance (Pivot foot, and triple threat, stepping into a shot)
- Skills and drills become more multi-layered later in the season
- Begins to play structured scrimmages and games
Gain skills and knowledge to continue to advance through Biddy Ball to our Rising Stars Program. Players may benefit from at least 2 seasons in biddy ball.